Job Description Installer – Office Furniture & Cubicles:
- Build, installs and reconfigure office cubicle systems and furniture at client’s site. Furniture may include modular/cubicles/filling systems, benching, desk units, wall attached furniture, conference room, break-room and freestanding furniture.
- Load and unload product from trucks.
- Communicate with Supervisor regarding any challenges that may arise during installations, such as damages, product shortage, design problems adjustments to the plan or client concerns relating the installation.
- Work as directed by the Supervisor or Project Manager.
- Grow knowledge of furniture installation drawings and installation methods as well as proper procedures for moving furniture.
- Grow knowledge of furniture products and individual furniture pieces.
- Most be able to routinely lift more than 50 pounds.
- Able to drive a 16ft or 26ft box truck.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 3+ years of experience utilizing hand tools, power tools and pre-measuring job site.
- Must have valid Texas state issued driver’s license.
- Must have legal work documents to work in the USA.
- TWIC Card is a plus Transportation Worker Identification Credential
- Bilingual is a plus (Spanish)
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background check.
- Strong communication skills and professional demeanor.
- Ability to operate hand tools (manual and power) is required.
- Experience installing HM AO2 systems.
- Ability to read and understand drawings.
- Willingness to work irregular hours, over time, weekends, and travel outside of Houston or Texas.
- While performing the duties of this job. The employee is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Able to work on different weather climates, rain, etc, while unloading or loading company vehicles.
- Able to wear safety glasses, long pants and safety shoes.