May 13, 2021
Job Description: Office Furniture Carpenter:
- Produce or assemble components of articles, such as store fixtures, office equipment, cabinets, or high-grade furniture.
- Set up or operate machines, including power saws, jointers, mortisers, tensioners, molders, or shapers, to cut, mold, or shape Woodstock or wood substitutes.
- Measure and mark dimensions of parts on paper or lumber stock prior to cutting, following blueprints, to ensure a tight fit and quality product.
- Cut timber to the right size and shape and trim parts of joints to ensure a snug fit, using hand tools, such as planes, chisels or wood files
- Match materials for color, grain or texture, giving attention to knots or other features of the wood.
- Trim, sand or scrape surfaces or joints to prepare articles for finishing.
- Estimate the amounts, type or materials needed.
- Perform final touch ups with sandpapers or steel wool.
- Install hardware, such as hinges, handles, catches or drawers pulls, using hand tools.
- Apply Masonite, formica or vinyl surfacing materials.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2+ years of building office furniture utilizing hand tools and power tools.
- Knowledge of reviewing and reading blue prints
- Knowledge on CNC Machine & Edge Banding Machine
- Math Skills
- Physical Strength
- Problem-Solving Skills & Detail Oriented
- Bilingual a plus (Spanish)
- While performing the duties of this job. The employee is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Able to wear safety glasses, long pants, ear plugs and safety shoes.
- Carpenter Supervisor / Production Manager