Job Description Painter:
- Brush, spray, or hand-rub finishing ingredients, such as paint, oil, stain, or wax, onto and into wood grain; then apply lacquer or other sealers.
- Disassemble items to prepare them for finishing, using hand tools.
- Examine furniture to determine the extent of damage or deterioration, and to decide on the best method for repair or restoration.
- Fill and smooth cracks or depressions, remove marks and imperfections, and repair broken parts, using plastic or wood putty, glue, nails, and/or screws.
- Follow blueprints to produce specific designs.
- Mix finish ingredients to obtain desired colors or shades.
- Remove accessories prior to finishing, and mask areas that should not be exposed to finishing processes or substances.
- Remove excess solvent, using cloths soaked in paint thinner.
- Remove old finishes and damaged or deteriorated parts, using hand tools, stripping tools, sandpaper, and steel wool, abrasives, solvents, and/or dip baths.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 3+ years of experience Shaping, finish, and refinish damaged, worn, or refurbished office furniture.
- Attention to details
- Math Skills
- Physical strength
- Problem solving skills
- Bilingual a plus (Spanish)
- While performing the duties of this job. The employee is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Able to wear safety painter outfit, glasses, breathing masks, gloves and shoes.
- Production Manager